While conducting the researching for this project, there were several websites that I found interesting. If you interested about the conditions that our public schools are in, you may find these websites interesting.
1.
Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive- - I believe Anderson Cooper and his partners always do a good job with covering different topics and going in depth. In his blogs, he discusses various issues such as the Ground Zero debate and problems going on in public school. I find his blogs very amusing and I think other readers will agree with me.
2.
From the Trenches of Public Ed- Working as a teacher, I think blogger Dennis Fermoyle does a good job discussing some of the issues going on in public schools. Even though I don't agree with some of his thoughts, I think he still does a good a job in analyzing some of the issues going on as well as defending public education.
3.
John Stossel's "Stupid In America"- a 20/20 special- When I started the initial research for this blog, I instantly googled “problems going on in public education” and this was one of the links that popped up. After reading the story, I knew that there was serious problem going on in public schools and that this was the subject that I wanted to talk about. I think many readers will find reading this story very informative.
4.
The Huffington Post-
with its liberal undertone, the Huffington Post features opinions from bloggers on various subjects, including education. Reading the blogger's opinion on different topics has honestly made me think broader about things going in the world.
5.
The NY Times-
I think the NY Times is a mutual source where lots of people get their information from. The articles present information in an accurate, timely matter. The articles that I’ve also used for my blog don’t contain bias. Overall, I think NY Times is a good resource to use when you want to gain more information about a hot topic that is going on.
6.
National Center for Education Statistics-
This website, created by the government, gives basic statistics about how students are performing in America's schools. For those who are interested in the trends of education, they might find this website of interest.
7.
U.S Department of Education-.
Another website ran by the government, gives information about pretty much about anything that deals with education in the US. From viewing the results of the No Child Left Behind Law to gaining information about financing postsecondary education, you can find anything about education on this website.
8.
Local newspapers and TV stations-
while the other websites talk about what going on in public schools around the country, reading the local newspaper or watching the local news gives a lot of information about what is going on in the schools locally. The problems that school districts face, vary county by county. One problem that is going on in one district might not necessarily be a problem in another district. In order to know what's going on in your community, its best to look at the local news sources.
9.
Education.change.org-
This website/blog reveals some of the problems going on in the school system that you would not typically hear on the news. I've read about a lot of interesting things going on in this website.
10.
Public School Review.com-
this website pretty much talks about the pros and cons of attending both public and private schools.
No comments:
Post a Comment